Job TitleSubstitute Instructor (POOL)
The Tennessee Colleges of Applied Technology (TCATs) serve as the premier suppliers of workforce development throughout the State of Tennessee. At TCAT McMinnville, this means we care, we listen, and we encourage. The diverse experience of our employees allows us to grow and inspire one another, to come along side our students with real-life experience, and to graduate innovative problem solvers back into our communities. The work that we do is an investment that enriches lives every day.
We are seeking to build a pool of Substitute Instructors for our various programs. These include:
Building Construction Technology
Computer Information Technology
Machine Tool Technology
Nursing Aide/Quality Specialist
Anatomy and Physiology*
*Anatomy and Physiology and Dosage Calculation are prerequisite courses to the Practical Nursing Program.
If you have solid work experience and applicable skills in the fields/programs that we offer, we would like for you to consider sharing your knowledge on a part-time basis.
- Employment experience in the occupation to be taught beyond the normal learning period
- Evidence of strong work ethic as it relates to timeliness of reporting, oversight of multiple on-going projects, and the ability to work with others.
- Ability to deal tactfully with the students, public, and co-workers; to exercise good judgment in evaluating situations and making decisions.
- Possess valid TN driver’s license.
- 3 years+ experience in the occupation to be taught
- Diploma from an accredited technical college
- Prior teaching experience, especially in a postsecondary setting.
- Associate degree or higher from an accredited institution.
Substitute Instructors are responsible for delivering quality instruction in their field of expertise as it relates to the programs offered at the Tennessee College of Applied Technology – McMinnville, our Coffee County Instructional Service Center, or at a specific teaching location.
Key Responsibilities – Essential Job Functions:
- Demonstrates a commitment to student success.
- Teaches skills appropriate to the occupational area that will prepare students to become an economic asset.
- Guides students in selection, perception, and performance of suitable learning activities.
- Starts and ends class at designated time.
- Supervises student conduct to ensure that the potentially hazardous shops/labs/classrooms provide an orderly environment conducive to productivity.
- Accepts responsibility for equipment, tools, and supplies assigned to shop and/or classroom.
- Stays in close communication with the full-time program instructor and/or other adjunct instructors of the same course.
Other duties as assigned by the Academic Coordinator
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Unofficial transcripts are acceptable for the application process. Official transcripts will be required upon hire.
This posting is not a guarantee of an open position. Applications for substitute positions are accepted on a continuous basis and reviewed by the department when opening become available. Posting closes yearly on June 1st. To maintain your application within the system, you will need to re-apply each year.
Physical Demands and Working Requirements (ADA Requirements):
Walking, climbing, bending, and stooping. Work performed in office, classroom, and shop/lab environments. Position requires the use of a computer.
Pay Range: $20 per hour
Employment Documents: Current federal law requires identification and eligibility verification prior to employment. Only U.S. citizens and aliens authorized to work in the United Sates may be employed. A criminal/financial background check will be required for applicants elected.
Background checks will be completed on all new hires. Instructors will be asked to sign a background release authorizing TCAT McMinnville to complete a background check which will include the following: Sex Offender Registry, Country Criminal, and Federal Criminal.
TCAT McMinnville does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity or national origin, sex, disability, age, status as a protected veteran or any other class protected by Federal or State laws and regulations and by the Tennessee Board of Regents policies with respect to employment, programs, and activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies:
Michele Chamberlain, Grants and Projects Specialist
241 Vo-Tech Dr.
McMinnville, TN 37110
The TCAT McMinnville policy on nondiscrimination can be found at: https://tcatmcminnville.edu/about/non-discrimination-statement
EOE/AA/Title IX/Title VI/ADA Employer