Job TitleStudent Services Coordinator
Classification: Full-time Administrative – Exempt – Salary
Office Location: TCAT McMinnville
241 Vo Tech Dr.
McMinnville, TN 37110
Hours: 8:00 am-4:30 pm, Monday through Friday, or as needed to fulfill duties of the position.
Supervises: Admission & Records Specialist, Financial Aid Specialist, Dual Enrollment Specialist, Records Specialist
The Coordinator of Student Services reports to the President and is responsible for the oversite and administration of Federal, State and special financial aid programs to include but not limited to PELL, SEOG, VA, Voc Rehab, TSAC, TNTSG, WIOA, TN Promise, TN Reconnect, and last dollar local funding. In addition, this position compiles, maintains, and submits reports as mandated by the Department of Education, State Agencies, Tennessee Board of Regents (TBR) and Council on Occupational Education (COE). Works extra hours as needed to cover college events and is an integral part of the team. Serves on the Leadership Team.
- Bachelor's Degree plus 3 years' experience in student services and/or financial aid; 2 years must be administrative level higher education experience
- Ability to counsel and provide high quality customer service to currently enrolled and prospective students.
- Demonstrated abilities in leadership, human relations, communication skills (written and verbal), and organizational skills.
- Proficient in computerized accounting systems and software programs to access data, maintain records, generate reports, and communicate with others.
- Able to analyze and solve complex problems.
- Supervisory experience and the ability to build and lead a cohesive and high functioning team.
- Strong mathematical skills.
- Ability to interpret complex governmental regulations, to communicate effectively in written and spoken English, to relate to a diverse faculty, staff, and student population.
- Ability to exercise good judgement in evaluating situations and making decisions.
- Possess valid TN driver’s license.
- Willing to travel as needed.
- Working knowledge of institutional, federal, and state financial aid programs.
- Working knowledge of Ellucian Banner.
The Coordinator of Student Services is the supervisor responsible for conducting and/or managing Student Services' personnel to perform the following:
- Counsels new and existing students concerning admissions and financial aid and assists them in the application process;
- Coordinates award and expenditure requests with the Business Office to ensure accurate distribution of awards to students;
- Compiles and submits all required financial aid reports, requests for refunds, fund reconciliation, and fund distributions pursuant to financial aid at the local, state, and federal level;
- Researches and drafts operational policies as needed to ensure compliance with Federal, State and TBR mandates pursuant to overall Student Services accountability;
- Oversees and participates in the compilation and timely submission of quarterly and annual reports such as IPEDS and COE, Student/Alumni/Employer Satisfaction Surveys, assists with the dual enrollment/dual credit programs functioning as the secondary liaison between the secondary schools and the TCAT;
- Plans and employs strategies for quantifiable student services improvements for student recruitment, retention, and satisfaction; measures progress after each trimester;
- Designs and implements annual and long-range planning for programs to meet the goals of the TCAT strategic plan and TBR initiatives;
- Works with the President to coordinate the student counseling program ensuring compliance with applicable laws, rules, and regulations;
- Schedules the work of personnel assigned to Student Services to best utilize time and provide timely service to the students;
- Plans, implements, and evaluates institutional recruitment and admissions strategies (Strategic Enrollment Management – SEM Plan);
- Monitor student progress including conduct and attendance;
- Coordinates the nominations, interviews, and selection for the student Statewide Outstanding Achievement Recognition (SOAR) Awards
- Coordinates SkillsUSA, NTHS, and other events and student activities
- Leads the Behavioral Intervention Team (BIT) with meetings at least once per trimester;
- Provides leadership for admissions, student life, career counseling, disability services, and testing;
- Responds timely to student complaints and concerns;
- Plans and executes special projects and events in alignment with the goals and objectives of the college including graduation, student activities, student awards, and student organizations;
- Assists in writing grant proposals and managing grant funds;
- Assists in conducting New Employee Orientation for all faculty and staff;
- Establishes and maintains budgetary control of functions supervised;
- Communicates an accurate image of the College to the public;
- Maintains confidentiality of information exposed to in the course of business regarding students, supervisors or other employees;
- Fulfills annual accreditation duties in the assigned areas;
- Serves as Title IX and Title IV coordinator, addressing student/employee questions and concerns, conducts investigations, coordinates with TBR counsel as needed;
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
Background checks will be completed on all new hires. Instructors will be asked to sign a background release authorizing TCAT - McMinnville to complete a background check which will include the following: Sex Offender Registry, County Criminal &Federal Criminal.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions (ADA REQUIREMENTS)
Walking, climbing, bending and stooping. Work performed in office, testing center and classroom environments. Position requires the use of a computer.
Sedentary Work – Walking or standing to a significant degree; sitting for brief periods of time; be able to bend and stoop; use body members (arms, hands, fingers).
EMPLOYMENT DOCUMENTS: Current federal law requires identification and eligibility verification prior to employment. Only U.S. citizens and aliens authorized to work in the United States may be employed. A criminal/financial background check will be required for applicants elected.
TCAT - McMinnville does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity or national origin, sex, disability, age, status as a protected veteran or any other class protected by Federal or State laws and regulations and by the Tennessee Board of Regents policies with respect to employment, programs and activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies:
Dawn Winton, Student Services Coordinator
241 Vo-Tech Dr.
McMinnville, TN 37110
The TCAT - McMinnville policy on nondiscrimination can be found at https://tcatmcminnville.edu/about/non-discrimination-statement .
EOE/AA/Title IX/Title VI/ADA Employer