Job TitleHR/Finance Assistant
The HR/Finance Assistant reports to the Fiscal Services Coordinator and is responsible for a broad range of tasks in a fast- paced office setting. This position serves as the Human Resources Representative and business office support.
High school diploma.
· Minimum of three years of full-time experience in an office environment within the last five (5) years; customer service experience preferred.
· Must possess the communication skills necessary to effectively interact with the public and employees at all levels.
· Intermediate computer skills with knowledge of MS Office applications.
· Ability to tactfully communicate with the public and employees at all levels.
· Ability to maintain confidentiality.
· Ability to work as part of a team in a fast-paced office environment.
· Ability to organize and prioritize multiple projects at once with minimal direct supervision.
· Technical or associate degree.
· Working knowledge of Ellucian Banner.
· Performing primary cashier duties including accepting payments, posting payments to student accounts, and making daily deposits.
· Processing accounts payable for the institution.
· Purchasing and receiving in Jaggaer and notifies appropriate people that their order is ready to be picked up.
· Assigns and applies asset tag numbers to new equipment.
· Maintains and updates equipment inventory spreadsheet.
· Create and Maintain Mag Lock Access Cards for all programs, staff, and faculty.
· Serves as the Affirmative Action Officer for the college.
· Serve as the HR Representative, processing new hires into Banner and Edison.
· Serves as the point person for the annual State of Tennessee Giving Campaign.
· Maintaining all personnel paperwork.
· Assisting employees with HR related questions.
· Managing fleet vehicles.
· Other duties as assigned.
Walking, climbing, bending and stooping. Work performed in office, testing center and classroom environments. Position requires the use of a computer.
Sedentary Work – Walking or standing to a significant degree; sitting for brief periods of time; be able to bend and stoop; use body members (arms, hands, fingers).